This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Monday, June 6, 2011

Don't change you, change who

For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.” Romans 1:17

Faith is a funny thing.  No, not funny as in laughing or joking.  But more like funny as in peculiar, odd, different.  I say this because from day to day my faith is continuously being challenged, and, strengthened, by the experiences and results of life.

Some days, I truly feel as if I can change the world, conquer any challenge, whip Satan and his army and have energy left to be a parent!  And others, I feel like my butt is getting kicked every step I take, nothing works as I had planned and life is just a struggle.

It is for this exact reason, I believe, that "the righteous will live by faith."  Not every day is having faith, living by that faith and sharing that faith going to be easy.  Not every day will feel like a victory day nor will it feel like "a bug on the windshield" day.  This is why faith is a necessary component of a happy, healthy, functional and high achieving life.

We know that in the end, we win, because it says so in the scriptures.  Living each day in confidence, knowing that before hand, allows me to "live" my faith that much stronger for there is no doubt.  And whether you are new to Christ or have known him for 100 years, living a just, God-like life is the result of building a solid faith. 

Rather than spending the rest of your days trying to change who you are, try changing who you believe in and what you have faith in.  For faith is the cornerstone to a life of change and difference making.

No comments:

Post a Comment