This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Friday, June 24, 2011

He Will Provide

How much have I sacrificed for Him?  What am I willing to give up in my "life" so that I might gain an "eternal life"? 

Living for God instead of living for me is the start.  It sounds good.  It's easy to say.  Yet it is nearly impossible to follow through with.  Why?  Because we are human.  Built to sin.  Designed to serve ourselves.  Since the fall of Adam, we have been struggling with an overdeveloped ego, living based on our own individual needs. 

But why would we live any other way?  I mean, it is MY life after all, should I not strive to meet my needs, my families needs?  Here is the realization that I have come to: Living for me continues to create one need after the next; living for God, there are no needs because He is sufficient.

This is a huge point.  God, the creator of the universe, the one and only who keeps it all in balance, is perfect and void of nothing.  When we open our hearts and minds to Him, we take on the consciousness of the Spirit, which is the great provider, the great comforter.  With the Holy Spirit, there is no need or lack for the Spirit is sufficient enough.

Just as darkness is the absence of light, need is the absence of the Spirit. The further we are from God, his son Jesus and the Holy Spirit, the more perceived need we will have in our lives.  This is why when anyone wanted to follow Jesus, he told them to leave everything, don't worry about your family or your belongings: I will provide for you everything you need.

The same is true right here, right now.  He will provide.  He will meet every need if we are willing to let the dead bury the dead and follow Him.  Are you willing to leave everything you know behind and follow Him?  That is what He is asking of us.  That is the God of the scriptures- holy and merciful- yet jealous and vengeful. 

To have enough faith in the Lord for complete sustenance, complete fulfillment is my goal.  This is where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment