This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Glad

It's a good thing that the Lord doesn't ever get too busy for us.  I am sure He has a busy schedule, with all His kids, the problems of a billion or so people and a ridiculously persistent enemy, ya' know?  How does He do it?  Oh, that's right, He's God!  Which means he is SUPPOSED to be able to do it all, be everywhere, handle everything all while being in control. 

Forgive me, Lord, for not being able to duplicate all that you do and thank you for letting it be that way.

How many crises is it going to take for me to learn and understand that I need to seek Him first, not last, for the solutions in my life?  I just endured a terrible amount of stress, filled with worry and fear, due to a software failure at my office.  My life is supposed to be dependant on the Lord, not a program, but it felt that way the last 3 weeks. 

I have been somewhat embarrassed that I let the stress get to me in such a way.  I have made it through so much with God, I cannot understand why I didn't seek Him for this as well?  I trust Him with my life and I know that the eventual result was all His doing and the simplicity and over reaching benefit of the solution is still mind blowing to me.  Because that is God's way. 

So I sought counsel in Proverbs today when this verse slapped me alongside the head:  Listen to you father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.  Buy the truth and do not sell it; get wisdom, discipline and understanding.  The father of a righteous man has great joy; he who has a wise son delights in him. May your father and mother be glad; may she who gave you birth rejoice! Proverbs 23: 23-25

I know that many times in life I have let my mother and father down, have fallen short of their expectations and at times, caused them undue strife.  As a father now, I understand the unconditional love a parent has and the sacrifice they are willing to make to help their children grow, learn and succeed in life.  I look back over my life and see how I took that for granted, how God allowed my life to play out based on my choices and how many blessings I have had because of my mother and father. 

Mom, who is still here with me, and Dad, who's been enjoying Heaven for four years now, I'm thankful for all the sacrifice you made for me, the discipline you handed down to me and the understanding that has grown in me because of you in my life.  It is my true hope that you are glad...

No comments:

Post a Comment