This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Letting Go

As children bring their broken toys with tear for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God because he was my friend.
But then, instead of leaving Him in peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help, with ways that were my own.
At last, I snatched them back and cried, "How can you be so slow?"
"My child," He said, "What could I do? You never did let go."
                                                         Anonymous

How often is it that we cry out to the Lord for help and continue to struggle to find a way on our own?  It seems so many times I live my life with clenched fists, holding onto my troubles, sorrows, regrets, fears and failures when all the while I should have open hands.  Open to let God take from me and give to me as He sees fit, for my best interest.  Maybe not for today or even in this lifetime, but he certainly knows what is best for me  from the eternal perspective.  And, sometimes, sometimes what's best might have to be uncomfortable.  Uncomfortable drives change, and change is the basis for growth, and growing spiritually, personally, physically, emotionally, financially and socially is what life is all about.

I pray today that I and my friends and family might loosen their grip on those things that we are holding onto and have faith, confidence and trust in the Lord to make a way that is perfect, like only He can do.  Letting go is a crucial step in building our relationship with Him, which is truly all He wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment