This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Smoke and Mirrors

It's Sunday morning, May 22nd, and I'm still here.  Last week I saw a billboard that made me cringe.  I'm sure most of the population in the US heard grumblings of Mr. Camping's prediction of the end of the world.  I, personally, shrugged it off and said a prayer for the troubled man for I know that no man of this world will be able to predict it's end for that is only for our loving God to know.

My heart goes out to all of his followers who have been duped into believing that our faith is a fraud because of one man's inexcusable actions. For those of us who have a relationship with Christ, we know the truth of the matter: God loves us so much that he took his one and only son and sacrificed him for us.

Jesus is the truth, the light and the way.  Hold him in esteem, keep him in your heart and focus your mind on his ways and gimmicks such as Mr. Camping's appear as what they really are: smoke and mirrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment