This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Friday, December 31, 2010

Finish the Race

Imagine waking every morning knowing that there is a good chance that your words and actions will get you thrown in jail, or worse, killed.  Also, imagine knowing that if I survive today, I will have to suffer in some incredible way.  Yet, despite knowing all of this, you are encouraged, enthused and fired up to get out there and do your work. 

This was the life of Paul.  He was a man with a message and a mission that could not be stopped- not by man or by evil spirit.  Whatever was thrown at Paul, he was willing to take it head on.  Whatever obstacle might have been put in his way, he simply overcame it.  No matter how dire the situation, he was continuously comforted, knowing that his purpose, that what he was doing was so, so much more valuable than his life:  However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.  Acts 20:24

Lord, how do I find such a purpose for my life?  How do I give up my life to a mission worthy of your acceptance? 

I read about Paul, Lord, and his desire to serve and give, and I know that I have that same desire, Lord.  I ask today, Lord, that you might lay upon my heart the race that I am to finish.  I feel today, Lord, at the cusp of a new year, that you do have bigger plans for me.  That my life thus far has been a training camp, preparing me for something greater than all of this.  I pray, today, Lord, that your purpose- your divine purpose- for my life would be revealed.

I long for the day of waking up, eager to look the world in the face and say, "Bring it on!" Lord, let me be a difference maker, through you and your divine purpose for my life.  I want to finish my race and know that I have been a good and faithful servant God.

No comments:

Post a Comment