This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Keep The Main Thing...The Main Thing

Life without God is difficult.  I know, I lived it for some time, thinking that I was responsible for all the good, and bad, that had occurred in my life.  I bought into a belief system that taught me I was the center of my universe, that all things in my life were created by me.  What a stressful, unholy way to live!  I pity those around me who continue to think and live in that manner because there is truly a better, happier way to live- in the Spirit.

Knowing God and having a relationship with Jesus through the Holy Spirit brings a new level of peace and comfort to life.  Understanding and knowing that I have a God that loves me, protects me, develops me, nurtures me and blesses me lifts the burdens of this world from my shoulders and eases the struggle in this life.  Studying God's word offers insight into how to live, why to live in such a manner and illuminates the many rewards for doing so.

The challenge, however, is to be consistent in my thoughts, prayers and actions so that they all might be aligned with the principles that Jesus teaches.

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.   1 Peter 1:13

Everyday on this Earth is battle for my mind and my heart.  It is up to me to keep my focus on that which guides me, comforts me and is the source of my life.  For each of us that has different meaning, but for me it means daily time with the Lord, reading His word and building my relationship with Him.  Just like any other relationship in life, this one, too, takes time, commitment and energy.  Unlike any other, however, the rewards for a strong, healthy relationship with Christ are unending and eternal.  As we develop our relationship it changes the substance of who we are, how we think and how we act.  It is my hope that each day I become more like Him and those around me might see more of Him in me.

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.   Ephesians 5:1

As I go through my day, Lord, I pray that your Spirit would nudge me, guide me and comfort me as I walk by faith.  I pray, too, Lord, that I would be able to keep the main thing, the main thing today: that being focused on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment