This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Praise Day

The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of Heaven and Earth and does not live in temples built by hands.  And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.   Acts 17:24-25

Oh, what a friend we have in Jesus!  The giver of life, the creator of the universe, the pure Spirit of Hope for this forsaken world is the one I worship and praise.

He is mighty in his strength, quick in his forgiveness for repentant souls and steadfast in his love for you and I.  We worship the one who has led the way and written our names in the Book of Life.  Praise him for his goodness and mercy and love.

I live, because he lives in me.  I breathed because he has breathed life into me.  Everywhere I turn, everywhere I look I see him.  Tell me where he is not?  There is not such a place. 

Even for those who do not believe, he is there, still, quiet, giving life.  Waiting for the awakening of the soul, the stirring of the spirit, almost as a crouched animal waiting to spring forward, he waits for the opportunity to reveal himself to each of us.

His glory shines in those who know him.  Believers are a peculiar kind for their joy is not just on the surface but comes from deep within the heart.  For he told us all that the Kingdom of Heaven is within, therefore, that is where I must go to find him. 

Praise him, our God, Lord and Savior, waiting in Heaven.  Give him glory and praise for he is the greatest among all, and he loves us dearly.  Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment