This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Heaven is for real

The idea of Heaven has been a perplexing one for me for many years.  I truly believe there is such a place for our spirit came from somewhere and, therefore, has to return.  I've studied scripture diligently for many months, and still, have many, many questions.  But, I tell myself, isn't that what faith is for?  To help support my beliefs and values?

I'm reading a book right now, Heaven is for real, that has been confirming and supporting all that I have believed.  It is filled with scriptural knowledge, heart wrenching agony and tearful joy- everything a good book about heaven should have!

He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them.  And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."  Matt 18:2-4

There is a section in this book where the author, a pastor, describes what it means to become a child again, and, he is dead on.  For us to have child-like faith is to put our intelligent-all-knowing brain in the back seat for a moment; to put our idealistic thoughts on hold; and to humble ourselves to the point where we are willing to call a spade a spade and deal with the reality of it.

I look forward to the day when I am called home to be with Jesus, and yes, I wonder what it will be like.  I know that it will be more than my earthly mind can comprehend.  And that's all I need to know!  Go get this little book, Heaven is for real, and be inspired about what Jesus did for us and what he still offers us!

No comments:

Post a Comment