This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Two Simple Words That Changed So Many Lives

Follow me.  That's it.  That's all Jesus needed to say to the disciples and they left family and home to learn His mighty ways. Think about what it would take for someone to tell you to follow them, and you would actually do it?  Give up everything, and everyone, in your life to follow a complete stranger calling himself "The Son of Man".  It sounds odd to me

My cynical mind wonders if there were any men or women he invited to follow Him that said no?  Maybe there are and we just don't know about them.  Maybe there are and I am not well versed enough to know about it.  Maybe there aren't.

Look what happened to Mary when Jesus called her name.  I have to believe that the same can be said about Jesus' conversation with the disciples.  He called their name and said to follow him in a way only they would recognize that it was God speaking.  And, if you or I knew God was calling, certainly we would answer!

Has He called your name?  If you know Him, He will. If you know Him, He already has and will again when He returns to us, or when we return to Him.  But, only if you know Him.

In reply Jesus declared, " I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."  John 3:3

Follow me.  The key to opening the gates of Heaven and slamming shut the doors of Hell.  He is calling you, listen, can you hear Him?  Are you willing to follow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment