This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kind of like death and taxes

But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions- it is by grace you have been saved.   Ephesians 2:4

The harsh reality is that I don't deserve it.  None of us do.  Everyone one of us has lived, or maybe still are living, a life dominated by sin and transgressions.  There are countless categories of sin and an infinite number of ways to sin, so much so that even knowing how we ought to act or behave, and not doing so, is sinful. 

My point is, we cannot escape sin.  It is all around us.  Tempting, inviting and alluring.  And, to know that I will succumb to it at some point, whether it be daily, weekly or yearly, is just one of those cold, hard facts of life.  Kind of like death, and taxes.

The good news, though, the really, really good news, is that those sins I have committed are long gone.  They have already been erased from my history.  They don't have to be drug behind me in a crate, or lugged around in a backpack  with me all the days of my life.  Nope. They have been forgiven.  Not because of who I am, or what I have done, or how much money I have given, or how many orphans I have helped, or how many meals I have delivered.  No.  Because Christ loved me enough to die for me, so that I, too, would not have to die for my sins. 

It is through His mercy and grace that I am free from my sins.  Hallelujah!  If it were up to me, I'd be screwed!  Yes, I am free because He was willing to suffer in my place.  And so are you.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment