This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's who ya know

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.  Ephesians 3:12

Have you ever had the chance to meet someone very famous, like an entertainer or sports figure?  I'm not talking about a casual bumping into at the mall or a "Hey, look, there's Jon Bon Jovi!"  I mean really get to meet, have a conversation with and get to know a famous individual.  Generally, to do that, requires knowing the right person who knows the right person to get you in the door to meet that celebrity. 

Let's say I wanted to get to know Tiger Woods, one of my favorite celebrities.  The first thing I would have to do would be to get to know someone who knows Tiger.  The kicker here would be that, because I want to have a meal with and get to know Tiger, the friend would have to be pretty close to him because Tiger wouldn't let just anyone come to dinner. I would imagine it might take weeks, months or even years to get to know someone that close to Tiger to get the opportunity to get in the door.

Friends, Jesus is that ticket to the head table.  In him and through him we get to see God and heaven.  We can't do it alone and we can't do it without him.  It is for this reason that building a relationship with him is so valuable. 

Can you call Jesus a friend?  I can because I visit him nearly everyday, some days multiple times.  But I can, because I know him. I've read and studied his work, I've reached out and asked him to be my friend and I've worked hard at being a friend to him. 

Not everyone is going to get to meet God because not everyone knows the right person.  There are many super intelligent, wealthy, popular and powerful people that won't know the sound of God's voice or see the glory of heaven because they don't know Jesus.  He is the one man I pray that all my friends, family members and acquaintances get to know for he is the greatest friend any one of us could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment