This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Present

To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life which is in the paradise of God.  Revelation 2:7

There is a reward for the choices we make and the resulting life we create through those choices.  For each sin that we stand firm against and every temptation we overcome, the closer are our lives to that of Christ.  After all, that is what Christian means, to be Christ-like.  It doesn't mean to be perfect, to be judgemental or to be God- simply, to be Christ -like.  Our reward for our efforts is more than our mind can comprehend, more than our nervous systems can compute and process. 

So many times I lose focus on the magnitude of eternity, for the immediacy of the present.  How would my life be different today if my decisions were based on eternal consequences  rather than immediate needs, wants and desires?  Have I been a slave to sin, allowing my choices to be manipulated by selfishness, anger, laziness and the like? 

I am thankful everyday that the law has been overcome by the blood of Jesus.  That he has gone before me, to represent and prepare for me, a place in Paradise, where there are no more tears and no more pain.  Where joy and love abounds, and where peace is all there is.  Let this day, today, be one focused on the enormity of eternity so that the gift of life, the present, today, may be more full of joy and peace and abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment