This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Resolution of Needs

Yesterday I was focused understanding needs and how, when fully committed to the Lord, our needs can be met naturally, and, supernaturally.  I've decided to continue delving into these topics of needs, wants and desires over the next few days of writing, in an effort to gain more clarity in my thinking and understanding.

Living life in a constant state of lack, whether it be emotionally, financially or spiritually, forces the heart and mind to act in an unhealthy and unloving manner.  Living in perpetual state of need causes the focus of life to be on you, rather than on serving God (and others), which is where he has told us we should focus.

For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.    Mark 10:45

When the focus of life is you, it is easy to look around and see what is "missing" in your life compared to "what's available" in life.  This in turn creates needs, which are nothing more than the manifestation of the lack of faith in the Lord.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.  Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.   James 1:2-8

Resolving needs arises from returning our focus of life to the Lord.  For we know that he is mighty, powerful and has the will to bless us beyond our comprehension, when we lay down our life, and pick up his.

One who uses the word "need" inappropriately, as in using it to state a directive or desire, has lost focus in life, and, consequently, if you look and dig deep enough, will not have the level of love in life that they desire.  "I need you to do...", "I need a new ....", "I need more..." are all phrases used by someone living in lack. 

Yes, I know, we do have needs, and unfortunately for some, they are not being met.  Yet needs are basic, fundamental necessities for existence- things like food, shelter, clothing, family, love.  This, however, is not the level of need that we are discussing.  For individuals living with lack mentality or "poverty consciousness", the conversation in the mind is always the same...."I need....".

So, how do I change?  How do I lose the focus on me, on what is lacking in my life?  How do I stop saying and thinking "I need..."?  I wish I had all the answers, but I don't.  I leave all the answers to the One who does have them all.  Which, I feel, is where the change starts: by changing your focus in life.  Get off of you and onto Him and I can promise an immediate change in the quality of life and love in your life.  When I focus on the bigness of God and all that he controls, it's easier to see how perfect my life is...for me.  Focus on God.  Who cares what the Anderson's "have" or "don't have"!  Turn the focus upward and inward. 

Along with that, start paying closer attention to the words you use because words have power and meaning both to you, the speaker, to God the observer, and to the receiver of those words.

For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.  Matthew 12:37

Substitute higher, positive energy words into your vocabulary when speaking of things you perceive as necessary in your life:  "I would love a new car",  "I would like a vacation right now", "Would you please (insert action here)".  By changing the words you choose you can change the way you think.  And, we all know that our mind is constant battlefield.

I pray that the Spirit has touched you in a powerful way today and I, personally, hope that you continue to follow along as I explore wants and desires in my upcoming writings.  God is good...all the time.  He me more than my mind can comprehend, and, because of that love, I am free to serve him with all my heart, mind, soul and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment