This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Friday, October 15, 2010

Why me?

Know this my friends, that God has a plan for your life.  Whether you are in the best days of your life or are in a percieved "pit" of life, God has a plan and a purpose for you, and for me.  Sometimes I feel as though what God is trying to do in my life is too difficult, too challenging, too big for someone like me. I often find myself thinking that I am not worthy of the visions and passions that He has given me.  Right now I feel as if I don't have the knowledge or education or skill set to be able to do what He is asking me to do as I step forward with my faith in an effort to reach just one lost soul. 

Who am I, I ask everyday, to be able to write and share my thoughts and inspirations from my time with the Lord?  I am not a special man with any special gifts or talents.  I have failed in many areas of my life many times, miserably in some cases.  So why me, Lord?

I have battled with these thoughts for some time and I still don't have all the answers, however, I do have some strong clues. 

..let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.    Heb 12:1

The Lord has put it on my heart and in my mind that I have something to share with His people and the lost.  I made a commitment to Him to follow Him and the lead that He has offered.  I have complete faith that this is the race that he has marked out for me, even though I do not know where I it leads or where am going to end up. I have chosen to walk by faith, not by sight.

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons.   Heb 12:7

I now know that the "mistakes" I've made, the losses I've endured, the pain that I've suffered and, I'm sure, the suffering that is to come, is all part of His plan for my life; to give me something to share, to give others hope and to give me a reason to lean on Jesus. 

What are you waiting for?  What excuses are you using that are preventing you from following God's will for your life? 

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scornng its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.  Heb 12:2

I love and appreciate all of you for following me on this journey and am so grateful that God has given me a voice.  I pray that each of you would have an amazing encounter with the Holy Spirit this weekend, in some unique way, that can only be a God Inspired moment.  Until next week, keep the faith.

1 comment:

  1. Stand tall friend... Your voice is coming through loud and clear... Share your talents, your visions, and your feelings as you see fit... Don't challenge the road He has laid out for you, just stay in the middle of it...

    ReplyDelete