This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Friday, October 29, 2010

Seek Him

Miracles, signs and wonders of God are happening around everyday.  Do you see them?  Are your eyes open to the miracles of the Lord?  Just as Jesus laid his hands on the blind man and his vision was restored, our vision for Christ must be restored.

The Lord looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.   Psalm 14:2

Am I seeking God or am I waiting for Him?  Is my faith one of inaction or action?  As I look around, I see the fields are white with the harvest, waiting for me to go to work for the Lord.  Will the harvest be brought in by someone else, by itself maybe?  I think not.  If not by me, then who?  And if not now, when?

You and I, as followers of Christ, have been called to action by the Holy Spirit.  He has given each of us a special anointing that allows us to use our talents and gifts to serve the Lord and our fellow brothers and sisters.  When we function within this anointing, blessings abound, miracles happen and wonders are produced.  If, by chance, we decide that we can do something else better without the Lord, or think that the grass is greener in another pasture, surely we will find out just how wrong we are.  Maybe you don't know the feeling of being in the anointing, but I do.  I can remember a time in my life when healings and miracles were an everyday occurrence.  Sick and suffering people would show up at church or in the office for a laying on of hands and miracles would follow.  Why?  Because I knew that I was seeking God with my heart and my spirit, daily, and living in His anointed way for me.

As I look back on my life for understanding, I can see the sin and greed and pursuit of the world that led to my falling away from the anointing in my life.  I can clearly see how my selfish motivations and ideas of grandeur led me further away from my eternal purpose and away from Jesus.  I can see how the desire for the "more, bigger, better" lifestyle corrupted my thought life and my spiritual life.  I became blind and had lost my way because of it.

The Holy Spirit is heavy on me today as I seek a deeper understanding of my relationship with Jesus.  I praise God for the Holy Spirit, for His leadership and guidance, for His unconditional love, and for His desire and mercy.  And I am thankful today for God's saving grace.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you as well.   Matt 6:33

Seek Him.  He tells us to do so, He wants us to do so. Imagine how different this life can be and how wonderful eternity can be, by seeking Him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment