This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

When In Doubt

I look around my community, I see acquaintances and people I know from church or other social avenues who profess to be Christians and I often find myself wondering, "what kind of messes, turmoils or issues does he deal with?" You know what I mean?  Sometimes I think it's just me.  It's just me that struggles with parenting issues, trying to keep my kids in line, doing well in school and excelling in their activities.  It's just me that suffers with anxiety around my business and the many economic changes that are having a negative effect on it.  I know, for a fact, that I am the only one that struggles with relationships.  And the list can go on.  But I do have my health! :)  And I know I should be thankful for that, and believe me, I am.

I know, it sounds like a pity party today and I wanted it to feel that way because no matter who you are, where you are or how old you are, there will be un-fun, difficult, and even tragic, stuff to deal with nearly every day.  Just because I love the Lord and have committed my life to serving Him doesn't somehow make my life easier, nor will it make anyone's life easier.  In fact, I would suggest it would have just the opposite effect.  For one, we now hold ourselves to a higher standard meaning that even the little things that once didn't matter, you know, like the white lies, the hidden truths, the lustful thoughts, well they all matter now.  And secondly, Satan and his crew now have a new target in a brother in Christ.  So why would we think that life would be any easier with salvation?

Is anyone of you in trouble? He should pray.  Is anyone happy?  Let him sing songs of praise.  Is anyone of you sick?  He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoints him with oil in the name of the Lord.  And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up.   James 5:13-15

We have direct instruction to lean on our faith, at all times, good and bad.  When things are going well, life is good, then praise Jesus for the abundance and joy that is yours.  When life is low, challenges abound and the outlook is bleak, pray.  Pray hard. Pray often.  A message that I heard many years ago from a preacher that has stuck with me since then was this:  When in doubt, pray hard.

Accepting the Holy Spirit into your life gives you a weapon of mass destruction against the forces that want to bring you down. It's up to us to use it and use it often.  We have been instructed that when we pray, we are to believe that that which we are praying for has already been accomplished.  In other words, have faith in our prayers and Gods ability to answer them.  Prayer is our most powerful weapon against pain, fear, loneliness, poverty, illness and anything else that might harm us.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen.  Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you .  And when you pray, do not keep babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their man words.  Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.   Matt 6:6-8

Pray harder.  Believe deeper.  Hold tight to Jesus for He is the Truth, the Way and the Light.  Just pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment