This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Monday, November 29, 2010

Be Thankful

As we pass by the Thanksgiving holiday, I'm sure everyone took the opportunity to give thanks for the many blessings in their life.  I know that I did.  And each time that I do count my blessings, it seems as though the list gets longer.  Longer, not because I am being blessed more than ever, but because I see the miracle of the Holy Spirit in action in so many areas of my life.

It's easy to be thankful for all the stuff of life; your home, your job, your family, etc.  That's a start, and a good one at that.  Yet, there can be so much more to be thankful for when you live spiritually inclined.  To give you a look inside my head and heart, here is a list of a few of the things you may overlook in your life that I happen to be thankful for:
     - a loving God that forgives me of my sins
     - having a God that knows that I am not perfect and does not expect me to be so
     - having people in my life that inspire me to be and live the best that I can
     - being able to come to my God during desperate, scary times and seek His refuge
     - being exposed to God's miracles everyday in my life
     - the many gifts and talents that God has given me to fulfill His purpose for my life
     - knowing my Lord gave His life for me so that I may have life more abundantly
     - the trials and challenges in my life that continue to build and grow my faith
     - the peace and understanding the Holy Spirit brings to my life
     - the opportunity to serve Him everyday by serving people

It is of utmost importance that we recognize that God has created all that there is and will be created.  If we can live our daily life with this greater perspective, then we have the ability to open our hearts and be thankful for all things in our lives.

For everything God created is good and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.   1 Tim 4:4

Be thankful.  Not just one day each year, every moment of every day for God is good and true and loves you and I beyond human comprehension.  He sent His son to die for us.  He left the Holy Spirit here to guide and comfort us.  Be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment