This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Family Time

As I pack my bags for a long weekend with my family, I am reminded of the larger family that we are all a part of: the body of Christ.  It's important for me to know that I am not alone in this world.  Every where I look there are hidden connections between believers.


Over this past weekend I was able to watch, for the first time ever, the movie, Avatar.  While the graphics and sound and techno stuff were really, really cool, I found myself thinking about the connectedness of the Nabi (sp?) people of Pandora.  I thought it was unique that they could use their hair to tap into a greater consciousness and be connected with Ewya, their deity. I spent a lot of time after the movie contemplating our connectedness.

I think many people forget, or maybe never have understood, just how much we are all connected by the Holy Spirit.  We are fortunate that we don't have to "plug in" our hair to communicate with our God because He is always right here.  Because I have that ability and it is so close at hand, it is easy for me to take that for granted, which is exactly what Satan wants. 

Prayer is my direct connection to Jesus and through the Holy Spirit I have access 24/7/365.  Forget about the internet and its connectivity of the world!  The Holy Spirit has been connecting us for centuries and as we each wake up to the idea of unity and connectedness within the body of Christ, life takes on new meaning.

It was he who gave some to be apsotles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.    Eph 4:11-13

There is but one God of this universe and He made me just like He made everyone else, in His image, with His spirit.  As we realize our Heavenly connections, our service to and love for one another brings about new peace and joy in our lives.  I pray that the Holy Spirit may awaken connections in those who may be lost and bring them back to the family, the body of Christ, for their own good and for ours as a whole.

I will be spending the next four days connecting with my family and look forward to getting back to my writings next Monday.  I pray for safe travels and ask the Holy Spirit to be with my family as we travel and enjoy our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment