This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day that the Lord has made...

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Set Free

Making a commitment to do a particular thing or follow through on a set task has an incredible amount of power.  In fact, many times the commitment is the lynch pin to success.  Whether you are trying to lose weight, quit smoking, do better in school or turn your life around, it all starts with a commitment.

From the temple courts, Jesus said, If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.  Then you will know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. John 8:32-32

In essence He is teaching this very same concept here.  If you hold to, or make a commitment to, what it is that He has brought to the world, then you can be considered a part of His world as a student or follower.  When we follow what Jesus has taught, it opens a new door to a level of living that prior to that commitment we could never comprehend or experience. 

The truth of Jesus' teachings frees us from the bondage of our sins and our family's sins.  The ability to confess our sins, to leave the past in the past, and move forward with our life is true freedom.  How many times has your earthly mind held on to a hurt or wrongful act or a mistake (sin) that you have encountered in life and haunts you and tears you apart?  For me that has been often in my life. 

This is the true freedom that becoming a disciple to Jesus will bring.  Being able to live a life free from the fear of death; free from the punishment of your sins; free from the condemnation for faults is what becoming a disciple of Christ brings to your life.  I thank the Lord everyday for accepting me into His family of followers and forgiving me of my sins.  I know that I have been set free and praise God for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment